Friday, April 12, 2019

Why I Can't Write About The Mueller Report

-
I really wanted to write about the Mueller report.  The problem is, there's nothing new to write about the Mueller report.  I was going to write about the absurdity of trying to boil a 300+ page report down to a four page synopsis.  Yet, everyone is already aware of this absurdity.



Subject: Attorney General William Barr | Date: 02/14/2019 | Source: United States Department of Justice | This United States Department of Justice image is in the public domain.


I was going to make a big deal out of the fact that members of Mueller's investigative team are claiming that Attorney General Barr’s pro Trump synopsis of the report isn’t reflective of their conclusions.  Writing such a line would have been tantamount to regurgitating common knowledge.

Surely, I could talk about the fact that Barr will only give Congress a redacted copy of the report, even though the law guarantees them a full copy.  Get this, I was actually going to equate the offer of the redacted report to the Treasury Department’s  refusal to honor the House of Representatives’ legal request for the last 6 years of President Donald Trump’s tax returns.  I was going to point out that in both cases it's obvious Trump has something to hide.  As I began to write the sentence though, I could hear the collective, “Well duh,” of my readers ringing in my ears.

Bottom line, you don't need me, or anyone else, to point out that Trump has something to hide.  Nobody needs to state the fact that our president believes he’s above the law.  Anyone who's been paying any kind of attention, already knows these things to be self evident.

No comments:

Post a Comment