Tuesday, December 31, 2019

The Fix Is In And Nobody Is Surprised

-
Back in September, in a blog called Devaluing The Constitution I wrote, "Plus, even if the House votes to impeach, Mitch McConnell will never put it before the Senate."

| Subject: Senator Mitch McConnell | Date: 01/23/2009 |
| Photographer: United States Senate Employee |
| This photograph was taken by an employee of the
United States Senate and therefore is in the public domain. |
OK, he WILL hold a trial. I got that part wrong. However, I knew the fix would be in. I didn't know what form the fix would take, but I knew that a Republican dominant Senate, led by Mitch McConnell, wouldn't risk ousting President Trump from office.

When talking to FOX News about the upcoming trial, Senator McConnell said point blank, “Everything I do during this, I will be coordinating with White House counsel.” It’s like a jury foreman working in lock step with the defense attorney during a criminal trial. JURORS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO DO THAT! That's definitely collusion.

Make no mistake, I’m not surprised McConnell will be protecting the President. I’m just surprised he said it outright on the News. The Senator was literally bragging about being willing to fix the trial.

I don't know if he was being incredibly honest or incredibly stupid. Maybe he was being both, but if that's the case then he was being incredibly honest about his intention to be dishonest during the trial. Can we give him credit for honesty if he was intent on being dishonest later?

Donald Trump isn’t going to be removed from office before the next election. I think he deserves to be removed from office, but he’s too well protected. Democrats & liberals will have to be satisfied with impeachment being a stain on President Trump’s record.

No comments:

Post a Comment