Saturday, September 11, 2010

I Just Assumed

-
This morning, my friend’s mother had her purse stolen. The police came, took the report, yada yada yada. Then, as they were finishing, they reminded her not to drive, because she doesn’t have her license.

Call me naive, but I always just assumed that when a person had their purse or wallet stolen, the police would give the victim some kind of dated note, good for one week, saying something like, “This person’s license was stolen, but they’re on the state’s computer as being a licensed driver.” Then, during that week, the victim would go to the DMV for their new license. Do the police really not do this?

Really though, you've been robbed, you're going to need to visit the bank, the DMV, and go to work. Only, now you can't drive, even though the state's computer says you're a valid driver, because you're physical license was one of the things which was stolen. Does this make sense on any level?

1 comment:

  1. Are you serious? What the heck? You know I have always wanted to believe the best of the police, but to say something like that kinda make me a little worried.

    ReplyDelete